Thursday, May 14, 2015

I Need to Blog More

This is a short blog, kids, only because it is late, and I have seventy things on my plate right now. I need to catch up on both my writing and reading, and OH MY GOD, the weather has been so nice lately!

After that goddamn terrible winter, we fucking DESERVE this.
I was fortunate enough to travel back to California and New York recently. I'll be off again to New York for BEA, which I'm super stoked about, and where I'll get to stalk some more authors, as per usual. Hopefully.

I guess California can be pretty nice.

Granny and me
When I go to New York, I eat peanut butter...

...and turn into a child when a giant Clifford is available to hug.



















































Mostly, I've been having a blast at work and loving my job. This is the first time in a long time when I  wake up every morning, and think, "I can't wait to get to work." I am LITERALLY surrounded by books EVERY SINGLE DAY. There has yet to be a time when I turn into Emily Blunt's character from The Devil Wears Prada.



I've also started querying again. A new manuscript, and starting from square one. I have learned from my previous querying mistakes of last summer, if nothing else, and I guess if that old manuscript doesn't see the light of day ever again, that's okay. I do have some hope for this new manuscript, and that it might get somewhere, but time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I've read a few great books recently, some of which are not quite on the shelves yet — Shadowshaper, You Deserve a Drink, and Empire of Deception; and some that are — The Rise and Fall of the Gallivanters, Rites of Passage, The Cost of All Things, The Maid, and The Wilderness of Ruin. I just started a few titles as research for my current manuscript, including Starship Troopers and Ender in Exile. All of these books are (or will be, for the titles that haven't been released) on the shelves at my bookstore, so please feel free to stop by!

Next up, another New York update!

No comments:

Post a Comment